Opening Day - September 7, 2021
Please note that our first day will consist of a staggered start based on the following schedule:
- Grade 10 students will attend from 9:00 am to 2:15 pm
- Grade 11 and 12 students will attend from 11:00 am 2:15 pm
Our Grade 10 students will need to be at their bus stop for their usual morning pick-up time and our Grade 11 and 12 students will need to be at their bus stop 2 hours later than their usual morning pick-up time. All bus stop locations, as well as pick-up times, can be viewed by clicking here.
Please note there will be only one morning bus run and one after-school bus run to the Upper Squamish, Cheakamus and Britannia. Therefore our Grade 11 and 12 students residing in these areas can either board the morning bus run or make alternate arrangements to arrive at school for their 11:00 am start time.
Please note also that students riding the bus MUST wear a mask.
Schedule for the Day
- Upon arrival at school, Grade 10 students will enter the building and head directly to the theatre if their last name begins with A-L and directly to the library if their last name begins with M-Z.
- Grade 10 students will be greeted by our administration team and will be provided with an orientation of the school by our leadership students.
- By 11:00 am, all Grade 10 students will be in their A block classes. Room numbers will be confirmed during the Grade 10 presentation.
- Upon arrival at school, Grade 11 and 12 students will head directly to their A block class for an 11:00 am start time. Students can find their A block room number in the MyEd Portal starting September 1st. Student lists with A block room numbers will also be posted in alpha order at the bus loop and in the Learning Commons (MPR).
- Once students are in their A block classes, they will receive a copy of their 2021/22 course schedule. Teachers will present their students with a COVID safety update based on our current guidelines.
- At 2:15 pm, students will be dismissed and can make their way to the bus loop for departure.
- Wednesday, September 8th will be a full day of school. Our block rotation for the week will be A-B-C-D
- Please note that students should remain on campus for their transition breaks as there isn’t enough time to leave and return in time. Students are able to leave campus for their lunch break if they would like.
11:35 am-11:45 am BREAK
11:45 am – 12:15 pm B block (30 minutes)
12:15 pm – 1:00 pm LUNCH
1:00 pm – 1:30 pm C block (30 minutes)
1:30 pm – 1:40 pm BREAK
1:40 pm – 2:10 pm D block (40 minutes)
Student fees are $20 and help support many of our school groups, most notable of which are the leadership and athletic leadership groups who organize many school-based functions and activities throughout the year. The student fees also include lock and locker rental as well as a student ID card.
Parents are able to pay student fees through SchoolCashOnline here. In order to use this feature, the school must have your email address on file. After paying the student fee, there will be a 24-hour delay before students will be able to select a locker. This can be done through our Locker Assignment website here. Your child’s student number is both the user id and password.
Fees may also be paid at the school office by cash or cheque made payable to Howe Sound Secondary School.
MyEd Parent Portal Information
To access the MyEd Parent portal, please click here. You can access course schedules and report cards when they are published throughout the school year.
Our COVID safety guidelines include some previously existing measures and some changes to what we experienced last school year.Please click here to view the latest 2021-22 Covid-19 updates as well as our HSS Safety Plan.